Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I feel worm-like movements under the skin of the vagina and cervix. I fear it must be a mite infection. What is the treatment for this ?

hello. I am in an embarrassing situation. I think I may have a mite problem but I m not sure which one--- scabies mite, bird mite, springtail mite. I don t know which one has infected me. whatever it is, it has gone internal inside me----my vaginal, rectum, and cervical areas are affected mostly. And sometimes they try to get into my eyes, ears, mouth and nose while i am sitting at the computer. I got bitten inside my vaginal area a few weeks ago, and about 5 days after the bite, I started feeling this worm-like movement under the skin of my vagina and in my cervix . It actually feels like worms moving around down there. But the weird thing is---it s not like the typical scabies, where they come out of your skin and cause sores. I don t have any of that, just the feeling mostly in my vaginal area. I think they are nesting in there. I have been to my gyno---and they did an internal scope, but said they couldn t find anything, and they didn t do any biopsies either or skin scrapings, just the internal. I have already taken 3 doses of ivermectin ( anti-parasitic) and I still feel the movements. I am scared of what these things are doing to my insides. Please respond with suggestions--even herbal ones to kill these things. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  934
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you feel you have parasites, better to get a stool sample tested for them. Avoid taking any medication without Doctor's advice as they can be dangerous. Eat fresh fruits and well washed green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor