Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

174 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I feel severe headache during intercourse. Is it because of my BP is 124/74 ?

5 days ago, suddenly i had severe headache during swimming and same ache repeated while having sex at the time of ejaculation and i had to stop . I am 31 yrs old male an d doing also exercise but no ache. my bp is 124/74 i want to know what is the problem and it also affects my sexual activity . is this indication of any other diseases.
Sat, 21 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,dines thanks for query.Your blood pressure is normal.still you need to check it frequently.The headache could be because of sinus problem also.Please also look for other sings of infection like running nose,weakness,low fever etc.If this is the case then take steam inhalation and analgesic for pain,continuation of pain needs medical examination by doctor.bye.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Dinesh,
Welcome to HCM.
Severe Headache could be caused by many conditions. You need to visit an ENT surgeon and get a thorough examination done and if necessary CT scan of head may also be necessary. Once we can establish the cause proper treatment can be started. Please do not ignore the headache.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am having severe frontal/over the top of my head headaches. My blood pressure was 144/84 this morning. My normal BP used to be about 124/72 plus or minus 3-4 points. It s been up and down recently. I am currently being treated for compressed cervical discs. Do the headaches relate more to the treatment or the bp? Thanks.

doctor1 MD

Hi. I have a severe headache many at times. My BP also gets low. Moreover headache occurrs in such a bad state that I don t feel like talking to anybody and also get hyper too fast. I also lack sleep as I have a 10 months old daughter due to which I can t sleep properly.

doctor1 MD

Hi, recently I have been having horrible headaches. They are mainly on my right side of my face and at the back of my head. At times, it can make me feel like my face is burning. I have tried taking over the counter medicine and nothing is working. I have got MRI done about a year ago and the doctor said it came back fine. My BP is averaging at 117/83.

Recent questions on  Severe headache

doctor1 MD

I had a discectomy 2wks ago for a ruptured disk. Since then I have had several bouts of nausea, vomiting and either constipation or diarrhea. I had my post op followup today but I wasnt given an opportunity to speak or let anyone know how i was feeling. Upright, check- ok see you in a month type appt. I no longer get any hunger pains at all, food smells and tastes bad. Should I be concerned with this plus the vomiting, (I wake up with severe headaches and usually vomit soon after). Is this normal?

doctor1 MD

I started taking aspiren regimen 3 days ago without asking my doctor I have rapid heart beat and heart palpatations and anxiety disorder. I thought it would help, I felt better for last three days no rapid heartbeat as bad as it usually is but got severe headaches. Should I continue taking it today, also I thought it would be good for arthritis in my lower back, but the headaches terrible. My blood pressure has been low for the last month 110 over 78 and since taking the regimen it has gone up to 120 to 130 I think that s a better blood pressure

doctor1 MD

Dear colleaggues, I'm Ingrid Hilman, MD, 58 years. had my stenting on 17 Feb, 3 stents in LAD and RCA.

Since 2 weeks ago, I develop severe headaches, esp during the iningt or when I wake up in the morning and also palpitation (heart rate > 90). I feel weak during palpitation. I do not have hypertension (my BP is between 90-110 and 70-80). I do not have obesity, smoking habits, my lab is pretty good only LDL 100.

Is this because of the herbresser that I take 3 times a day?

Other drug that I take;

- Aspirin 1 x 100 mg

- Plavix 1 x 75 mg

- Lipitor 1 x 10 mg.

Appreciate your inputs on my above complaints. Thank you very much

doctor1 MD

On going symptoms in adult female have been pain behind right eye, with discharge. Severe head ache in temple/ear/eye area, all on right side only. Yellow discharge from right ear. Now experiancing high stomache pains. Had tick bite right side scalpe, took meds for lymes for one month. Any ideas would be very appreciated! Thank, from her concerned husband.

doctor1 MD

Hi sir, I'm 30 years old I have been suffering with severe headache from past 10years. 5 years ago I consulted a neurologist and got diagnosed with a pineal region epidermoidal cyst but the size is 12*12*12mm so no need of surgery. and from then I...

doctor1 MD

hi, my wife is 48 years old and is a housewife. no children at home. for past 1 week she is facing major giddiness, severe headache , panic attack , depression and lack of sleep. i am her husband, travelling mostly for work. she was treated with...

doctor1 MD

I have ingested fish with cigutera! What is the best way to handle the symptoms? Headache, diarrhea , sensitivity to water.... Also, should I try to eat?