Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I feel pain while eating and vomit blood. Do i need a surgery ?

hi i have a stomach problem i cant eat whatever i like to eat every time i drink something contain acid or when i drink coffee i feel pain and some times i vomit blood do i need a surgery and what kind of medication i must take
Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
dear you may be having acid peptic disease means more production of acid in stomach and which might have lead to development of ulcers.Please see a doctor and get treated for this.I think this can be very well be taken care by regular medications and some modification in diet.take care and you will be fine.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My 28 year old son is unemployed, and has no medical insurance. Looking back, he has had stomach issues for years: being hungry but not being able to eat that much, having to use the restroom almost immediately following a meal, pains in his stomach, etc. Recently, he was hospitalized and discharged twice over a 10 day period. ( This is why he lost his job.) First, he was diagnosed with gastroenteritis. Then, during his second stay in the hospital, he was diagnosed with intussusception. He has night sweats, He has lost a massive amount of weight recently. (He went from approximately 150lbs to about 130lbs over a period of around one month.) He is vomiting and has diarrhea every day-several times per day-they both have blood in them. He has severely sharp stomach pains. He can t keep any food or drinks down. I am terrified beyond words! I feel as if I am watching my son die right before my eyes! Since he has no medical insurance, not even Medicaid, he has had NO treatment at all for this devastating illness. I have read all about this disease on the Mayo Clinic s website, and I feel that the only way to treat him is through surgery, but no doctors will help him. We don t know where to go or how to get him the help that he so desperately needs. I am scared to death, and don t know what to do! We live in Lakeland, Florida. Please help my son. He is wasting away. He is seriously ill. He needs immediate treatment. This sickness seems to be progressing extremely aggressively and rapidly. Please, we are heartbroken, and need help. Thank you, Monica Cline

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 21, 5 1, 61kg . My SGPT is 37.8 u/l and SGOT is 33.1 u/l as indicated in my blood test to be elevated while my LDL cholesterol is low. Do they have anything in common? and am i suppose to worry ? i lately have been experience stomach pains which i was connecting to my irregular period and sudden feeling of wanting to vomit. May you please inform me if i need to go to a doctor.

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor .My age is 17 . I am a girl . My weight is 45 . My height is 5 3. I got fever on 3rd august , my dr. consulted me widal test on 7th which showed typhoid +ve, whenever i eat something my stomach starts paining, it{stomach pain} comes and go and then it comes back again and doubles in night but dont last for very long,there is no vomitting but there is so much weakness , every time i step down from bed and start to walk my head is like ,it spins around for a while , after sitting when i lay on bed for rest i feel backache for a while. My body temperature is normal from 2 days.tell me what should i eat , these days iam taking bananas, milk ,daliya , papita and anar and also my tongue is coated with something white which irritates me most. if try to eat any vegetable[coocked] taste bitter to me,cant eat that,my apetite is ok .I have little cough dr. says your typhoid is very high ,i need to be admit but i dont think that i am that weak , i ll get better at home , well my family is not very caring but that s ok. Am i right doctor.

Recent questions on  Gastrectomy

doctor1 MD

my bmi is 30

my doctor said that he can do for me a sleeve gastrectomy

i want to loose 20 kg

my weight now is 85.5kg and my Height is 1.70m

my ideal body weight is ~65

if i do it (with another doctor), what could be happen?

what are the desavantage?

doctor1 MD

Is diabetic surgery (laparascopic deudenojejunal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy eliminates type-2 diabetus and associated problems as claimed, besides reducing weight? I am 58 n 5 6 n 79kg indian suffering from OSA n on type-2 diabetic medicines like tab.glimisave M1, sitestat EZ fpr the last 2-3 years and under control. cholesterol 10, TG 95, hdl 41 and ldl 83. The TC/HDLC ratio is 3.66 and the blood glucose fasting is 75.00 mg/dl against normal reference range of 60-110 whereas the BG 2hr PP is 197 against ref.range of 70-140, and diabetic profile test showed HbA1c value as 6.50%. All other tests are normal and within reference range. It is reported that I loudly snore for short durations without mouth opening but sounds emerging from throat n for which 3 years back on being admitted in hospital for OSA care, use of mask in the night was suggested As my BMI is above normal, I was advised to immediately undergo diabetic surgery (laparascopic deudenojejunal bypass with seeve gastrectomy) to reduce my weight to 65 kg. which will also eliminate diabetus 2 type completely, besides elimination of any futuristic BP & other associated problems, which I have none. Many such obeseity reduction surgeries are taking place with the claims to disappareance of diabetus, BP, chlrostrol etc. Are the claims of the Drs. in general and in particular about me are medically proven and true? Urgent advise requested as I am to be shortly admitted for the surgery. I requjest the OSA expert to infm me

doctor1 MD

I'm a 45yr female with a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. On BP medication and have lost in excess of 40 kilo in 9 months. My question is when I'm doing excersize (Deep Water Running and Aqua Fit) during and afterwards I'm at the bathroom urinating frequently...All Bloods are good had that done a week ago. This is something I've noticed over the course of the last 8 months...

doctor1 MD

I can hardly eat after undergoing total gastrectomy ( June 10th 2011).In fact, as soon as I eat , I fel my intestine bloating and am under dull pain till I vomit or rush for a diarhea....I'm lost...have to resume work on Sept 1st ( no choice) ... what should I do?

doctor1 MD

Please,tell me more about low levels of vitae's. b-12 and what causes it. thank you what can causes it.

doctor1 MD

My dad,64 years old, was diagnosed with Signer Ring cell carcinoma in December. He was a smoker for 50 years. He went through a total gastrectomy . Followed by 6 cycles of chemotherapy . The last cycle was done on the 21st of April. He was advised...

doctor1 MD

Please let us know whether the treatment is curable or not for my Uncle as he is in the 4th stage of Stomach Cancer and please suggest a medicine or Institute where the said treatment could be carried out.