Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

I feel pain in left testicle after swelling. Is it normal ?

When i was 13,i got a close range kick on my left testicle and i felt a very acute & sharp pain on my left lower abdomen .The left part of my scrotum was swollen and i was uncomfortable even though i cud still move around & be active.I took some pain killers later during the day and the pain subsided but the swelling was still in place.After some days,everything became perfectly normal except that i notice a few changes. 1.Whenever i feel the back of my left testicle,i feel strands of coiled tubes whereas the back of the right one feels perfectly smooth. 2.Sometimes i feel a dull ache in my lower left abdomen and sometimes in the left testicle 3.I feel the right testicle is sometimes more firm than the left. All these led me to consult doctors and i had a physical examination on two occassions.They assured me that i am fine and also said my testicles are of the right size,i alwayz feel happier whenever they say this,but after a few days,i feel depressed again.Now i am 19 and i am almost done with puberty,i am looking forward to being the father of my wonderful children and havin a phenomenal sexual life with my wife,but whenever i remember the horrific experience,i begin to feel depressed again and i feel as if something is wrong with my left testicle.I need your help to erase this spontaneous sinking feeling,plz what is wrong with me.....?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  225
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Most probably there was a tiny injury from the kick, which caused hematoma (swelling with reddish colour) due to collection of blood in vessels, which resolved then with treatment & rest
But U have to get sure that those coiled tubes is not varicocele
So Please consult a specialist in ur area asking if u r having varicocele or not
If the answer is no, u can go for a semen analysis to re-assure urself about the spermatic count & the function of the testes , so u can re-assured that u would be a father for wonderful children some day

Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor