I feel like my heart just did a flip flop or a cartwheel

What is the medical term for when it feels like your heart just did a flip flop or cartwheel? Every once in awhile I feel like my heart just did a flip flop or a cartwheel. It s not racing or painful or anything like that. It s more like it was just tickled, or turned inside out for a second, and then just goes back to normal. This usually happens when I m just resting watching tv or reading a book.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
This is called an 'ARRYTHMIA' of which there are many different types. The commonest type in your situation is an innocent Ventricular extrasystole usually,though not invariably,associated with coffee drinking,smoking, stress etc. etc.