Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I feel like my heart just did a flip flop or a cartwheel

What is the medical term for when it feels like your heart just did a flip flop or cartwheel? Every once in awhile I feel like my heart just did a flip flop or a cartwheel. It s not racing or painful or anything like that. It s more like it was just tickled, or turned inside out for a second, and then just goes back to normal. This usually happens when I m just resting watching tv or reading a book.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
This is called an 'ARRYTHMIA' of which there are many different types. The commonest type in your situation is an innocent Ventricular extrasystole usually,though not invariably,associated with coffee drinking,smoking, stress etc. etc.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor