Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

I drink quite a bit of red wine and coffee. Could those two be culprits ?

I feel like i have a fish flopping around in my chest. Does this sound like a heart problem and if so, what? could it be? I m calling the doctor but until I talk to them tomorrow, I d like some feedback here. thanks in advance for your kind, helpful answers. also, this has been going on for a bit now, and is not getting better but is not getting worse, either. I drink quite a bit of red wine and coffee. Could those two be culprits ? lioness {{hugs}} thanks dear one
Thu, 10 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Usually that feeling comes from what's called PVC's (premature ventricular contractions). They are very common often can come from stress, caffine, salt, hyperactive thryroid and other conditions. In younger people and in people without heart disease they are very annoying but not serious. Sometimes you may have them for a while they may disappear and reappear at another time. Often it's best just to leave them be without treatment. You're doctor will check you out to be sure that's what they are.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor