Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I continue to have stabs of pain, is it UTI or not ?

I had frank haematuria last week (with no other/previous symptoms of UTI) and was treated with Nitrofurantoin for 5 days. But I continue to have stabs of pain from time to time and right now am unable to sleep because I have the urge to empty my bladder (I am currently tryin to limit it to every 30 min)! Somebody please help...
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
it may be calculi[kidney stones], or infection. what is your age?/ sex? are you diabetic. give details
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Thank you for your reply.
I am 26 yrs, female. I am not diabetic. After frank haematuria I was admitted. The urine dip was found to be positive in nitrates and leuc. An Ultrasound was also done which came back normal. But right now am really finding it difficult. Still having to go very small volumes of urine every 30min.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Annapoorna Bhat's  Response
hello dear,
please take anti hementhic drug for worms .then tab cystone, chandraprabha thrice daily for 15 days. take plenty of water, avoid green chillis, coffee, spices etc better to have bland diet. if you can get banana stem , have its juice
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
thank you. what is chandraprabha?
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Also, does that mean am suffering from worms and not anything related to the urinary tract?
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.There are 2 possibilities which are more likely,one stone disease means presence of stone in urinary tract and another infection in urinary bladder.In both case the treatment differs.So first go for urine examination and confirm presence of infection.Then as per guidance of your doctor you may need X-ray and ultrasound of abdomen for confirm diagnosis.In means while drink plenty of liquids,avoid heavy meals and aerated drinks.You can take analgesics for pain.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor