Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I cigarettes and marijauna smoker need help

I am a long time cigarettes and marijauna smoker (20 years) and here recently i have decided to quit smoking both of them. When i got to the end of the first day it felt like there was an angry tornado in my head whirling around in chaos. I felt like i was flying apart at the seems and it was effecting everyone around me. So i tried toughing it out and the next day it got so bad i was locked in my room contemplating just ending it all, permanently. Now i picked them both back up just to get rid of the suicidal thoughts. What i need to know is, is there any type of medication that can be prescribed to me if i tell a doctor the truth about whats going on. I really want to get off of these things but the suicidal thoughts scared the crap out of me and im scared to try again without something to help.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  372
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. Go to a de-adddiction center . It is really appreciated that you are willing to quit them and have tried on your own to quit also. So do not lose heart. Yu will get necessary support and help in qchieving this. YOu can quit them under supervision and constant monitoring such that the suicidal thoughts dont come back. Talk to the supprot groups too. They who have succesfully quitted these habits wwill be glad to help you out with their experiences and how they could overcome the difficulties.

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
if you feel you really want to quit then you could try alcoholics anonymous (AA) or narcotics anonymous(NA). you will learn more about them if you want to quit.
Answered: Tue, 3 Aug 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor