Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I can`t move my left leg due to neurological problem, what can improve my condition ?

Dear Dr., I am a male in gender and 64years of age and a neuro patient during one year,now I can`t move my left leg and can`t sign with right hand . I visited Dr.Trishit Roy( Neurologist at kolkata)privately and continue his prescribed medicine Tab.-TRIGABANTIN-300 and under test- MRI but reports are normal(as Dr. said) and I am under physiotherapist daily also but no improve any.May you suggest something for improvement? thank you, BIMAL PODDAR
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  613
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Bimalji,
Thanks for query,
From your history I don ot get any idea about about any illness in the past causing this problem.
Long untreated blood pressure or uncontrolled diabetes might have caused some damage to your brain leading to paralysis or hemiplegia resulting permanent disability.
Physiotherapy and regular treatment from your neurologist is very essential to prevent further damage and disability.
ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
can u tell me what sort of physiotherapy is going on?
u r likely to continue with physiotherapy
is it that u have no movement at all?
if yes go in for muscle stimulation, galvanic current
if you have grade 1 to 2 muscle power go in for faradic current with trying out voluntary movements when the current comes and then relaxing.
if you are grade 3 and above no stimulation is needed
continue with your prescribed medicines
exercises are likely to result in improvement one day
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor