Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

159 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I can't hear properly, had glue ears when i was 6. Now i am 18 years old

I am 18 years old and since i was 6 i have suffered with glue ears. over the years i was attending the ent clinic . I had a gromit put in my ears when i was 7 years old which fell out after a few months and it didnt work.The ENT dept suggested me having an earing aid (nhs). This has made me have low self esteem and is affecting my education at college. I am so worried I want to see if i can get a 2nd opion on this such as having a Tympanogram to see the extent of my Eustachian tube function. I cannot except that I may need a hearing aid. I cry every day and this is effecting my social status with my friends who speak to me and I can sometimes miss what they are saying to me. I dont feel normal. I am a good man and have never hurt anyone or anything in my life. Please help me to seek specialist advice. I guess after all this typing to you for help I might need to pay you at the end which i di not check 1st. my mobile number is 07961051785 and I live in Birmingham in England. The tv voiume is gone up to 79 now. Some days my right ears feels clear and then later it will feel like someone s got their hands over it again. I am always blowing my nose to unblock my ears. I dont feel the need to luive anymore. I will soon be going to university in sept 2011 if I get the grades and if i do i am scared because of my right ears feeling so blocked. PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE!!! I am using my mom s email for this her name is janet. Still waiting for an answer, i guess you cannot help me, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue, 10 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. First of all you need to share your eardrum examination findings, PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and I/A (Impedance Audiogram).
2. Hearing Aid technology has improved vastly over the last decade. Depending upon the type and severity of your hearing loss there are multiple technologies available today.
3. You may scan and send your audiometry reports to with 'Attn: Dr. Sumit Bhatti' as the subject line. Remember to add your clinical ear drum examination details. Please mention any additional details that you or your mother may feel are relevant to your hearing loss.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....