I cannot lose weight. It does not budge & it is so depressing.

I cannot lose weight no matter what I do..I think it is the diovan (320)and HCT. possible ? I quit smoking almost 2 yrs ago and initially attributed my weight gain ( 30lbs) to that. however, I think it is my medication that is preventing weight loss. I have asked my doctor if it is necessary to continue on the diovan and hct and he said yes. I started these meds also 2 years ago when my blood pressure was 176/110. now it is 130/80. I have stopped eating red meat. eliminated desserts. severely curtailed butter from diet exercised and my weight does not budge. it is so depressing. I am a 47 yo male and now weigh about 240
Thu, 17 Dec 2009