Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I can feel a bump on the side of the nose.Is my nose broken?

I hit my mouth and nose about a week ago. I had a bit of swelling going on but now is all gone. What worries me that I may have fractured my nose. It is not painful at all and it doesn t look deformed but I can feel a bump on the side of the nose. Do you think my nose is broken?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hi! greetings from health care magic
The bump is only due to traumatic injury. If there would have been any fracture it would have been large swelled up. take some homeopathy meds like arnica-200 every two hourly 4 times for 5 to 6 days. apply ice . it will subside
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Anisha Parmar's  Response
you have not mentioned that the lump is in inner or outer side of nose .bump may be due to hitting .if it is not painfull then it will disappear within some days .then also you can take kachnar gugal 2tab 2time for some days.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic forum
Side of the nose cannot be broken. The midline - which is the septum can be broken, or deviated. Please visit an ENT specialist and get it examined , to relieve you of this worry. Also for the bump- if its swelling , ice fomentation will help. If its a cut you can apply calendula ointment.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor