I can actually feel my heart get off rhythm, what could be going on with me ?

Im so scared I don tknow what my heart is doing I can actually feel it get off rhythm.. then sometimes randomly it will get such a random not normal rythem from going slow to fast to hard to soft beats that it knocks my breath away makes my face really hot and I almost pass out and I end up feeling weak. I am only 20. what could be going on with me. should I go to the ER this has been happening for about a month but here lately its been getting worse I hardly ever drink caffiene and im not stressed
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes, you should go see your doctor, better yet, the ER. If you have noticed it getting worse and you are almost losing conciousness, it is emergent that you see a doctor. It is unusual for someone as young as you to have these problems but not unheard of. If you are taking illegal stimulants, then you really need to stop. I don't mean to offend you if you are not, but this is the most common cause of heart attacks in young people. Also, be sure to tell the doctor any family history that may be relevant to this. This just sounds like bad news. You need care asap.