Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I came off my pill and trying for a baby now experiencing early signs and symptoms of pregnancy. When can i take a pregnancy test ?

hello there im 25 and me and my fiance have been trying for a baby for just over three weeks. i came off my pill last month. i have been experiencing abdominal cramps for just over a week now, my breasts are sore which is unusual for me, im goimg to the toilet a lot more than usual i even wake up during the night to go to the toilet which i never do. im also getting more vaginal discharge than normal and my appetite is crazy! could i possibly be pregnant? if so how soon can i take a test as im not sure when my period is due as i came off the pill last month? i also have some bloating . please help me?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,learhan,first of all it impossible to confirm pregnancy till you miss your period.If you miss your periods then please go for urine pregnancy test to confirm.the symptoms you are having points more towards some infection,so please see a doctor and get treated for it.bye.
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The symptoms you described are of pregnancy but at the same time they can be due to infection especially the cramping pain and increased frequency of urine.If you have stopped pills and after that i guess you might have got periods.But in any case you did not get periods then it is difficult to calculate the days passed and even the expected date of periods.In such a situation just empirically calculate a period of 40 days and if that days have passed after stopping the pill then get a pregnancy test done to find out and confirm if you are really pregnant.
I guess there is no other method or option.If the test comes negative consult a doctor to treat infection in urine if you are not pregnant then it can be second possibility.
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor