Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am under weight and healthy but i'm referred to meet a consultant. Can i refuse it ?

Hi, I had my first midwife appointment yersterday. She has referred me to a consultant as ive got a bmi of 17. I have always been slim but I eat 3 meals a day and Im very healthy! Im 29 years old and im finding it a bit embarrasing. Can I refuse to see this consultant and stay with my normal midwife?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hcm.
Under wt in itself is not disease entity, but if it is due to some illness it should be
treated.The reason for sending to consultant may be to find out any associated
illness responsible for that, may be condition like mild hyper thyroidism where apparently\
You may not have any apprecable physical problem.Its better you consult him no harm
if no illness it will boost up your confidance. Thanks
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor