Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I am tensed about my cardiac enlargement & BP,what should I do ?

i'm 23 years old. my chest xray suggests cardiac enlargement and my blood pressure is 150/90. what should i do ?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  554
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
My late husband had a family history of the males members in his family, died of a heart attack at an early age early 50's late 40's. Fortunaely my husband stopped smoking when he was in his late 30's and did live to the age of 71, it was concluded he had a massive heart attack, very sudden. Unfortunately I didn't have an autopsy performed, which now I'm sorry, because I have 2 sons who did smoke briefly and no longer smoke now. But my older son at age 46 was dianosed with an enlarged heart and a little high BP, which he is now on medication and watches his consumpstion of alchocol and I believe eats less fast foods, he was never a eater of veggies,(salads, just whiter lettuce) no matter what I did as he was growing up. Thank God, we always had macaroni and tomato sauce 3 x a week, that he ate, but little amounts of sauce.Not like me, love, love, lots of sauce,but he likes imported grated cheese. me too!!!
My first thought to ask you, is: enlarged heart heriditary??When I was birthing him, there was a slight problem, his heartbeat decreased quite a bit, in fact I was almost a candiate for a Caseaerian, did not happen, back then a patient wasn't given a lot of info,something was mentioned about the cord around his neck, but now I wonder if there something with his heart, that just came out now? (The enlarged heart)
Thank you,
Virginia Menkes
Thank you,
Virginia Menkes
Answered: Wed, 30 Jun 2010
  Anonymous's Response

The BP has to be controlled. It is straining your heart and that is the reason that your heart shows enlargement.

Answered: Tue, 19 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor