Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

I am sufferring from hyperacidity due to stress

Of late, I have found myself sufferring from hyperacidity due to stress.i have been under stress for nearly 3.5yrs till now . I have put on weight and am finding it difficult to reduce my weight. more than that, I am not able to concentrate on my work. I get irritated very quickly and sometimes I either oversleep or am not able to sleep at all. I want to get back my healthy body and mind and lead a normal life . I dont believe in taking drugs to calm the mind because it hasn't really proved of any use. I wish to get appropriate guidance so that I can face life with a calm mind , reduce my weight and also feel relaxed. expecting an early reply. Thanking You,
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Do some exercise and regular walking.Take your meals regularly on time, don’t skip them.Avoid fried food, pickle, hot and spicy food. Drink plenty of water. Avoid garlic, onion, pepper, radish and cabbage. Avoid unripe fruits. Do not haste while eating, always chew your food properly. Include plenty of green and leafy vegetables in your diet. Basil leaves, chilled skimmilk,almonds,ginger with honey,fruits like apple, watermelon and banana are recommended for people with hyperacidity problem. Maintain proper posture after your meal. Never go to bed or lie down immediately after a meal. Meditation and exercise will help to calm your mind. Consult a dietician to plan a diet and exercise routine and stick to it.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor