Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from vertigo since last 15 years, Please suggest what should I do ?

I am suffering from vertigo since last 15 years. I m 31 years of old.Vertigo occur when I change my position specially when I move my head. I feel stroke on back of my head for a few seconds. When I want to sleep in night or get out of bed on morning, I also feel diziness which lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. My hearing ability is very poor by birth. It worth mentioning here that situation got worse when I do some work or exercise (either heavy or low). Please suggest what should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  652
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I had the same problem for several years. I checked by several different doctors. They ordered so many different tests like MRI, CT-Scan, Blood test, Diabetics, colestral, Etc...
I spend so much money going to several different doctors and doing so many tests. At end none of them made me feel better. I started to become Vegan, Vegeteran. I changed my diet. It is almost one year that I am not feeling like that anymore. I don't eat meat, chicken especially food that are made by a resturant for package food. I mostly eat greens, grain, and simple food. Make sure not to eat any MSG. Most sauses have MSG especially the hot sause.
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Neurologist Dr. Hilal's  Response
plese take medication

tab stugeron 25 mg BID

tan Vertin 16 mg BID
tab emset 4 mg tds

most probably u have BPPV OR vestibular neurosnitis

APlys manure is helpful
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.In ears on both side there are fine sand like particles and a mechanism which maintains our balance.Anything that interfere with this leads to vertigo.Vertigo can occur due other causes also but since your symptoms are more related to posture this seems more likely.when ever you move your head the particles moves and lead to vertigo.I hope you have undergone examination by an ent surgeon and neurophysician.they can really help you.It not done,do it.Learn some exercises which helps your maintain your balance and decrease the intensity and frequency of vertigo from your doctor.
Answered: Tue, 15 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor