Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from vaginal itchiness and i have crack parts on labia minora.Will this anyhow can affect my pregnancy ?

hi, i am pregnant , and i want to know if why am i suffering from vaginal itchiness? on the opening of my vagina, on the labia minora , there are sort of crack parts and they look like scratched skin or like the skin in my elbow, but are crack, need your help please
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. From the symptoms it looks like a vaginal infection. During pregnancy there are hormonal changes can reduce acidity in the vagina. Reduced acidity encourages the growth of bacteria that cause disease.

It can be due to bacterial vaginosis, Trichomoniasis, yeast infection or vulvitis. I suggest you to get an examination done from a gynecologist and get a culture of the vaginal secretion done.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor