Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from small cell lung cancer

Sir, Good after noon One of my relative 60 yrs aged is suffering from small cell lung cancer spreaded to brain . Pl suggest where to go for treatment. is it cureable ?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  297
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi sanjeev,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
surgery usually plays no role in it except in very early stage
in your case corticosteroids are effective iv dexa 10mg followed by 4mg 4 times per day and radiation therapy
it better to consult an oncologist and follow his advice
take care

Answered: Sat, 3 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor