Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from sleep apnea for 6 years. Do i need medical attention ?

my age is 47,height is 5ft5inchs, weight is 72kgs. i am suffering since 6 yrs.when my sleep comes my breathing stops, but when i open my eyes it becomes normal. what should i do? i am also having nasal deviation.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
you should do sleep study and deviated nasal septum should be shown to ent surgeonfor further medication.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
  User's Response

Hi Indra
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You have Sleep apnoea syndrome.You should consider this very important and get evaluated completely.This can be as dangerous as lethal.Deviated nasal septum could be associated with other anatomical deformities in throat causing these symptoms.
I advise you to visit your ENT surgeon and get evaluated properly.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor