Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from sharp chest pains

I am 17 years of age as of tomorrow. Last night around 11:40pm, I received a sudden sharp pain near the left side of my chest, that slowly moved to the center. This pain was that like none other. It caused me to bend over and grip my nails into a computer desk to keep from screaming. Alongside that, I also had a sharp pain in the right lobe of my head. It lasted about the same time that the chest pain did. I also had Vigorous shaking and then cold chills. It kept me up by constantly coming and going (never going completely, but slowing down) until I fell asleep at 3:00Am. This morning, I now have hurting in my chest when I breathe in. It is killing me. I also woke up with a killer headache . What could this be? Any help? I m only 17 and it worries me. In between my 9th grade and my 10th grade year, I had EKG s, MRI s, CT Scans for my head, and I even had some of the same tests done when I had a vasovagaul (spelling) syndrome kind of ceaser. but they said everything was normal ?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  688
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
dear michal
first u must consulta cardilogist to rule out problem with ur heart
next syncopal attack /seizure has to be ruled out
u have to consult a neurologist
there may be some corelation between the two of your symptoms
so pl consult both of them
all the best
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

hi, i'm a 17 as well in grade 12

though i have no medical advice for you i thought it might be good for you to know that someone out there in the wide web cares. if you say you're getting EKG's, MRI's, CT Scans then just stay strong, let your family and friends support you and let the doctors do their job. i cant say that i understand what you're going through having never being in that situation (and its really annoying when people saw they understand when they dont) but i hope the best for you, stay strong.

Answered: Wed, 5 May 2010
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
from the description it seems that you are having some problems and better will bw to get yourself admitted in hospital in intensive care unit as you need constant surveillance and monitoring
a diagnosis is must for proper treatment
may be you are having some embolic phenomenon giving rise to all these features

consult physician/neurologistand take indoor treatment
hope vyou be all right soon
Answered: Mon, 14 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor