Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from sentinel pile, kindly help

Sir I am suffering from sentinel pile. it has developed recently. it pains when I pass bowels. kindly advice on the treatment
Asked On : Fri, 14 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1073
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
Sentinel pile usually is associated with Anal this patient suffers from pain pre and post defaecation .Consult a general surgeon who will inspect your condition and either would advice you to take medicines like antibiotics(ofloxacin-ornidazole combination) topical ointment like povi ano/sucral ano, relaxant(caldob) stool softener(lactulose solution,or naturolax) and a b complex. Or else he/she may advice surgery. All the best.
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Dhananjay's  Response
sentinel pile is associated with fissure in ano. its a skin tag hanging out from anal verge. usually its asymptomatic but become painful if it gets infected and inflamed. Get examined by surgeon for ur condition. take stool softener, anti inflammatory and antibiotic drugs. take soft diet, plenty of water, dont strain while defecating and keep the area clean and dry. u can also try additional thing. like take hot water in a tub add salt to it and sit in this tub for 4-5 min in such a way that sentinel pile should be in contact with water. it will reduce inflammation and swelling. take care bye...
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor