Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Kindly suggest

Hi Dr, i am 21 years old. i am suffering from premature ejacuation. i can control for abt 10-15 sec only. what should i do. any treatment?? if i need medical checkup done then whom do i consult regarding this?? wch spclst deals with this kind of problem?? any suggstn for treatment in kolkata??
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  572
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for your query. Premature ejaculation(PE) is not uncommon and depends on multiple factors , the most common being psychological factors. The psychological factors may include stress and anxiety in daily life and depression due to personal, professional , financial and other social issues. Medical causes of premature ejaculation include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist. A urologist will be the best person to guide you through this. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay.

Any good urologist in one of the good hospitals in Kolkata can be consulted.

Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations, you should not hesitate to contact Doctor at HealthcareMagic, who is in contact with me. Wishing you good health.
Answered: Tue, 19 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor