Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from obesity and diabetes. How to lose weight ?

i am 27 yrs old. weight 93 kg, hight 5.6, diabetic,taking metformin and glimeperide. how can i loss my weight
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, welcome to health care magic forum,

Thanks for the query,

well, you are on oral hypoglycemic drugs, along with tis do regular aerobic exercises. Take saturated fats, Avoid junk foods, reduce your calorie intake.

In extreme case, you may take some drugs like atrovastatin, fibrates etc, but in supervision of your doctor.

Hope this will help you.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You need to eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green Leafy vegetables with a limited amount of saturated fats. Learn more about Diabetes, it will help you stick to your Treatment plan and will help you understand your situation better. Exercise and go for brisk walks for an hour daily, this will keep your Blood Sugars and Blood Pressure under fairly good control and will help you reduce your weight. If you smoke and Drink, QUIT. Avoid stress and Practice relaxation techniques like yoga and Meditation. Stick to your Treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor