Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from memory loss

hello sir , I suffereing from temporary loss of memory very frequently I forget things. what is the problem with me
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  444
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As u told u r suffering from temporary loss of memory.
Please be specific about loss of short term memory, loss of Long term memory
Temporary loss means u get recollect the memory later.
If it is short term memory loss, it commonly seen in above 50 females - Alzeihmers disease. With memory loss there seen other neurological signs
Keep yourself involved in memory strengthening exercises.
Answered: Tue, 11 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
Hi Divyasanghi,

Memory loss could be because of many reasons, the most known one amongst them is Dementia, of course.

From psychiatric view point, lot of problems like dementia, depression, PTSD and many others cause memory loss.

It is the nature of memory loss and its associated features which determine the label and the help that can be formulated for it.

Please consult a physician/psychiatrist.
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks doctor but I'm 35yrs of age and forget things and work very easily. I have a border line of sugar,BP, and thyroid,and some yrs back I had hit my head with my hands so seviroly that there was a blood clot for three to four days does that effect my memory or the reason is something else which doctor should I consult.
Answered: Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
If you have been in consultation with a physician already about your BP, Diabetes and thyroid and he/she has not found anything physical which may be a cause for this momeory loss, then you should consult a Psychiatrist who might give you a 30 point memory test to assess your memory problems. He/she will also take a full history which will tell you the cause for this memory problem. For ex if your concentration/attention is disturbed then also you can have memory problems. So, Psychiatrist would be the next port of call.
Answered: Fri, 14 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello Divyasanghvi .. memory loss is just a symptom your body telling you that it has been stressed out a lot.. just take it easy n relax.. destress your self by exercise n meditiation .. homeopathic mdicines will help you to improve your memory faster n destress your system.. god bless..
Answered: Sat, 19 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor