Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from lower back pain from last I am suffering from 4 months. Is there any cure for me

I am 24 years old,male,normal x-ray, esr of 20,hla b27 +ve, suffering from lower back pain from last 4 months,very depressed. Is there any cure for me n will my condition get better ever ?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  250
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Hello Dear,

Please mention your name also from next time. Well you need not to get depress because your x-ray is normal and it doesnt seems like a bony disorder. It may be something muscular. May be the weakness of back muscles. I dont have any idea about the reason for the pain. May be due to your poor posture at home or at work. You didnt mention about that. So be on rest now and use the flat surface and cotton matresses to avoid the future back problems. Hot fomentation and rest is the best home solution followed by back strengthening exercises under the supervison of Doctor of Physiotherapy.

All the best !
Answered: Sun, 23 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
respected sir,
i am thankful to you for ur reply...yes it may be muscular but wat abt hla b27 test that is positive.this test is the main reason of my tension?i have started doin strech exercises..n takin heat therapy n will also follow ur advice n i just hope it will work..
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
your concern about test is ok. this is done when some auto immune disease is suspected but Ayurveda offers good help in all such cases where rasayans work good and we have specific rasayans i.e. particular herbs that increase the immunity of the body in particular situations according to vaat pit and kaph. In your case I would recomment you to have 7 -10 sittings with kati vasti and internally have maharasnadi kara with triodashang guggul and tab. r compound.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
HLA B27 is a marker of ankylosing spondylitis. & if it is positive it means either you are suffering fronm it or there is tendency to get the disease in your life. so it is always necessary to look for the necessary test which are ESR and high sensitive quantitative CRP.
these sign of back pain may be early sign of AS & should not take thing lightly & consult a rheumatologist ASAP, so you should not suffer in the future
Take Care
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank u all for ur kind concern
i m already on nsaids along with methotrexate..but the side affects of these drugs are also much so i want to switch to ayurvedic doesnot want my condition to get worsen..will my condition get fine or do this pain will continue throughout my life?
Answered: Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Kartikey Chaudhari's  Response
Hi! you can try spinal extension exercise,isometric abdominal exercise,Lumbar traction and IFT for some days And you have to change your ergonomics.If you have query about exercise then post here.
Answered: Sun, 26 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor