Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from dysentry and fever, kindly advise me what should I do ?

I m 29 yrs old .I m currently 16 weeks pregnant.From past 3-4 days i was suffering from dysentry and fever.I was admitted in hospital for 1 day .I m asked to take an antibiotic course for 5 days,which i m taking. But i have one problem.i.e- I have taken 2 wrong tablets on the first day(I was supposed to take pan-D, Due to somebody's mistake.)and now i don't even know the name of that tablet which i have taken. Now i m worried about my baby.I dn't know if it will cause any bad effect on my baby's growth.could you please let me know if i can do some test's to make sure that my baby if fine. what i can do in this situation.need your help. kindly advise me on what should i do regarding this problem.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  530
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I think that It is not the matter of worry. Most of drugs prescribed by doctors
are not harmful to foetus But you can go for USG for evaluation& well being of foetus.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
E Do not worry so much.As most of the organ formation of a baby is completed in 1st 12 wks of.Eventhough we cannot be sure.Most of the tablet do not show their teratogenicy in 1 or 2 tablets. But try to find out name of that tablet you have taken then all the tension will be relieved. There are different tests to find out different anomaly. But you can go for detailed sonographic evaluation of foetus with 4D then bleed test if required. But I do not think it is must.
Answered: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

why to worry, if the doctor has prescribed the drug than no need to worry as he will prescribe only those drugs which are safe in the pregnancy. if at all you are worried talk to you OBG doctor and get a ultrasound scan done as per the doctor advise to know that the baby is healthy.

Answered: Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor