Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from depression, Can this be cured ?

This is regarding my younger sister, 23 yrs who seems to suffer from depression.My mom expired 3 yrs back and since then we see our younger sister speaking to herself and making strange gestures.She speaks often to herself amost every 5 minutes and loudly when no ones around.This has gradually increased over time. We have adviced her not to act in such strange way but she continues it. Is this a sign of depression? What treatment is exactly needed ? Can this be cured ? How much time can it take to completely cure her ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  416
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response

your sister is having hallucinations which can be seen in lot of psycological problems it will be better if u consult a psycho physician....

Answered: Sat, 26 Dec 2009
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
ur sis is suffering from hallucination ..may be depression
u need proper treatment and proper concelling so need to consult some psychaitrist ..he wil help u more
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
It may be Depression. Proper counseling and medicines are needed for management.You can start with Brahmi vati (plain) 1 tab at night with the supports of other treatments.
Answered: Thu, 28 Apr 2011
  User's Response
Your sister is suffering from Schizophrenia and would need a prolonged treatment.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor