I am suffering from chest pain. Is it only because of anxiety or some heart disease?

Should I go to the ER? Or is this because I am crazy? So yeah, for the past month or so I have been experiencing shortness of breath and chest pains and what not. I could feel my heart fluttering and shit like that. But it;s not like I CANT breathe, more like difficulty breathing. I know I suffer from anxiety , but I still don t know if this is something serious or just the anxiety. I get chest pains all day, sometimes I feel dizzy or naseus. Anyhoo, I made an appointment with my doctor(who I have already seen for this and just had a chest x-ray and bloodwork done) but that is like two weeks away. Anyway, the anxiety is killling me and I am afraid there is something seriously wrong. I am a 22 year old woman and have stupidly been smoking for ten , yes TEN years about a pack a day. I drink coffee as well. So, I wonder if I should wait for the appointment, or go to the ER for the same symptoms I have been experiencing off and on for about a month? Any opinions? Thanks. Yeah, just calm down that s SUCH a good idea, I ll just calm down, no reason to FREAK THE HELL OUT when you think you are DYING. Thanks for the spell check, moron, I appreciate this kind of arrogance when I ask strangers for advice, though I should have expected it. As far as the smoking thing goes, YES I am going to quit, thanks for those little gems.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009