Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from bad toothache due to wisdom teeth

Hi, I think my wisdom tooth top left has an infection or something. My mouth hurts so bad. It s swollen... and its affecting my jaw. I can t open my mouth hardly at all. Haven t ate in 2 days. Just been drinking water. But my entire mouth hurts. I ve never had any tooth problems of any kind. I have fever and a very bad headache . I have no insurance or money to go to a dentist . I ve called around and nobody will take me in because of that. But its getting worse and I m getting very sick. I even called the emergency room and they told me that the doctors there were not dentists. I dunno Wat to do
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  1164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
the history u have given states that u are suffering from "pericornitis which is a disorder in which there is involvement of gum tissue mainly the posteriors.. molar teeth.
there is pain associated with swelling.
i suggest u to see a dentist asap.. meanwhile u can do warm saline mouth rinses..also u can take medications.. namely
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I am dealing with the exact same situation, but mine is with my bottom right wisdom tooth. It is broken and infected with swelling. Listen to me on this one, Ibuprofen is one of the best things for the pain, Tylenol does very little for pain when it comes to teeth. Swooshing, gently, cool (not real cold) water in your mouth helps with the pain as well, but has to be done almost repeatedly. I spent a full 24 hours doing this the other night. Do not listen to the ER people on the phone. You should always go to an ER when you are sick with an abscess and cant go straight to a dentist, that is what dentist tell you to do. I have no insurance either, so I'm in your same boat. I went to the ER, they saw the infection and wrote me a script for an anti biotic and pain meds. Once you are on an antibiotic the pain will begin to subside and you will need less and less support from the pain meds. It is still important for you to find a way to get into a dentist, even if the infection recedes, because in most cases, the infection will come back in several weeks and often times is worse than the first time. You can also try placing an ice pack rite on your jaw joint and keeping it there, it helps numb the nerves. But as I said, DO NOT hesitate to go to the ER for a tooth infection if you cant get into a dentist. Tooth abscess is nothing to mess with and the infection, if left untreated for long, can spread and pose further health risk.Also, if you tell the ER that you have little money or insurance, they can offer dental clinics who can work with you and also many ERs keep samples of anti biotics in the ER for people such as us. Good luck to you, and I wish you peace soon.

Robynn :)
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
  User's Response
The history you have provided here suggests that you are suffering from "PERICORONITIS" in relation to your III molar which is partially erupted... U need to consult an oral surgeon and get it extracted/deimpacted under Local anesthesia..Till you visit an Oral Surgeon, for controlling pain and controlling infection you need to take following medications:

1. Tab.Zenflox-OZ One tablet two times a day(1-0-1) for five days

2. Tab.Flozen -AA One tablet two times a day(1-0-1) for five days

Note: Do not take medications empty stomach...they may cause gastric irritation.

If u get some acidity like problem from these medications then add Tab. Rablet or Tab. Pantocid once daily early morning.

If you do not start medication the infection may spread and condition may worsen...

Best you get it extracted as early as possible...
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
ur x ray wil also be required u take good anti bitoics like tab clavum 625mg 1 bd
tab signofalm 1 bd
tantum mouth wash for gargle
tab pan 40.1.od(before breakfast)
Answered: Sat, 28 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.The dental pain is always bad.Before taking any medicines diagnosis is must.You need to visit a dentist.In mean time take analgesic round the clock which suits you for couple of days.You might need any anti biotic also,but it is difficult to get it.Maintain good oral hygiene,take light diet more of liquids.You can try antiseptic gargles available,at least they will help in reducing swelling and ease your pain.bye.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor