Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from a throbbing pain in the head from several years.

I have always had this throbbing sensation in my head whenever I climb the stairs or start walking from a sitting or recumbent position. The headache usually stops when I stop moving around. This has been ongoing for years and I wish to find out why.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  602
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

You have throbbing headache which is present only during ambulation or postural change .You need checking of your blood pressure in sitting .standing and supine position.You need to be evalauted for your complete blood count to rule out anemia and CT scan brain to rule out any space occupying lesion.You need to consult neurologist for same
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Looks like you are suffering from normal pressure hydrocephalus. You will have to do a CT brain plain to see ventricular size. I might be wrong but this history of yours is a very strong suggestion towards NPH. Meet a neurologist. He might prescribe tablets to reduce the pressure

Have a halthy living
Answered: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor