Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Urinary tract infection (UTI) over the last 3 months

3 or 4 uti over the last 3 months last on wouldn t go away and doctor gave me something different and it still isnt going away
Asked On : Wed, 1 Dec 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  365
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Dear welcome to healthcaremagic
As Dr Arif said the chance of UTI is common in case of women, The recurrent UTI may be due to weak sanitation and suseptible of infection as the antibiotic therapy also if not completed the resist of bacterial infection re appears.The length of Urethra is short in female more prone to infection reappera
take care
drink plenty of water
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Recurrent urinary tract infection is something hard to treat. You need to get a culture and sensitivity testing done for your urine and take a full course of antibiotic according to the sensitivity report. Meanwhile take plenty of fluids.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello ..
‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
drink lots of water .. add a pinch of salt to one glass of water.. it acts as a neutralizer..
u can also consume coconut water.
for recurrent uti take cantharis 200 one dose in the morning and one dose at night its a homeopathic medicines.. it will be very helpful in combating the infection..
but get the urine culture & sensitivity test done
and consult your doctor..
‘Wish you Good Health’.
god bless..

Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Please answer a simple question .Are you a female or a male?.The reason is recurrent UTI (urinary track infection ) is common in females.If you are a female you are more prone to UTI.Since the recent one is not responding to treatment please get a urine culture & sensitivity to find the organism causing infection & sensitivity will guide you to a proper antibiotic for treatment.Please consult your doctor for further management.
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor