Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Stomach ache, please suggest what should I do ?

I am suffering from nausea and head drowsy whenever intake food with stomach pain as well as sometimes chest pain ,slight heartburning sensation. First we thought it was Gastritis continued with course of treatment. Even after continuing the treatment for 2 months I dont find any remarkable change. As day by day the symptoms keeps on increasing. yesterday when I took stool test it showed the presence of ascaris lumbricoides and entamoeba histolytica worms. Please suggest what should I do now.
Asked On : Mon, 24 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  331
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Since you are having worm infestation as well as amoebiasis you should take a deworming agent and anti amoebic course in consultation with your physician.good luck.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response

Stool examination has focused on the basic cause Don't worry,you will be alright with following treatment.But still you are not releaved in 10 days you may need few more investigations.

Ascariasis or round worm infection affects gastrointestinal &respiratory system as well. The amoebiasis gives rise to stmoach pain. So the symtoms you have are due to a combined effect of both.

If you are an adult, You should take -

-Tab Mebex 1 rab. to be chewed twice a day after food for 3 days (to be repeated as per dr's advice)

-Tab. Metrogyl 400mg. twice a day after food For 5 days.

-tab histac300mg twice a day after food for 7 days

-cap. neutrolin b once a day afer food for 10 days.

-Syrup vitazyme 2 sp. twice a day for 10 days.

Avoid spicy food. Eat light,fresh ,homemade food.Plenty of fluids

Be careful about hygine -personal as well as while cooking.

Drink boiled water.

Check for need of preventive dose/treatment to family members.

The compleate cure needs a follow up upto2-3 yrs so be in touch with your dr. till then .


Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor