Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Knee pain-arthritis. need a permanent cure.

I am having sever knee pain . I ve had rheumatic artheritis as a kid, the right knee at present. when I was 13 I was treated for it. I have had no issues for all these years but now it looks like the pain has come back and at times I get a small swelling on the left hand finger too. at time i have pain on both my knees and sometimes its not there . i was given a cream called dynapar for the swelling and came down. but i need to know if there is a permanent cure to it because i have heard that arthritis re occurs during old age . As of now when i have to climb staircase. I have pain or when i have to sit on the chair. floor and stand up. i have pain. i bought an aurvedic lotion called myovedic its helps . but i need a permanent cure
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  606
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi. From your history I guess you are relatively older now, may be in your late 30s or 40s. What you have with onset in childhood is juvenile idiopathic arthrits(JIA). JIA is of many types with some having a good prognosis while others have a relatively bad prognosis in older age. For most idiopathic arthritis, there are medications to control the disease similar to diabetes/ hypertension, but unfortunately there is no cure at present, though there are a number of ever increasing drugs in this field. But what you have at present seems to be more of a degenerative arthritis which is a very common condition in old age. Degenerative arthritis occurs due to wear and tear of the joint due to repeated activity, and this usually comes earlier in obese individuals, patients with underlying arthritis, past history of trauma to the joint to mention a few. medical treatment for this condition is not very curative, with options being that of weight reduction, quadriceps strenghthening exercises, fomentation of the joint, topical analgesics and oral analgesics for pain on an as required basis. the only definitive cure for this is joint replacement or arthroplasty which is a permanent cure for this degenerative non-inflammatory condition. But if you have active inflammatory arthritis, then may be intra-articular steroids may be of benefit. this decision can be made only by a rheumatologist/ orthopedic surgeon after doing your inflammatory parameters like ESR, CRP and Xray evaluation of the joint. So please consult.
Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Yes, it could be arthritis. Arthritis needs to be treated continously. Not sure of the permanent cure. My friend's mother is taking continuous treatment for it since years. Talk to a Physician about it.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Dear Sirs,
Look further into bee venom treatments for the knee, see below collection of letters online.
Bee venom, when injected by individual honey bee stingers highlights or contaminated or attaches to calcium-based plaque laminates formed by immune system in skeleton joints of the body. Honey bee venom can give full relief in patients with arthritis of the hands, feet, knees, elbows and even peyronies of the penis. Of course there are no bones in the penis, but none the same my body´s immune system continues to place plaque there-- laminates of calcium—thus rendering the penis useless to its owner!
I know this is to be true, for I have had both arthritis of the hands and penis years back. I am free of these diseases or discomforts, currently, but still must capture a few honey bees and inject their venom into selected parts of my body each month—to remain free of calcium-based laminates my body´s immune system continually lays within my skeletal body joints.
It is important to remember that honey bee venom is not useful on the shelf—in either pills or liquids! Why is this true? Bee venom is time sensitive and can only be applied directly from the bee stinger itself. Bee venoms travel across the connective tissues, and sort of coat the tissues alone the way. It travels in all directions like other venoms, not true for medicines issued by needles and licensed medical doctors! So by converting time sensitive bee venom into other forms like pills or liquids in a bottle, the venom is made useless to the patient.
Bee venom travels in all directions from site of entry, and it coats all the connective tissues and bacteria, and virus and calcium-based plaque laid down by the immune system in selected parts of the skeleton body joints—like hands, feet and the male penis—eventually rendering these parts of the body useless.
If the above has any usefulness to your website browsers and members, please look into this further. The key words to start searching the internet are: peyronies, beesting, beesting2, BVT
With these four key words, you will easily find several letters posted by Beesting. There is enough information in these letters to get started, if BVT self treatments appeal to your needs to be from arthritis or peyronies. In conclusion, I am free of these two diseases for now.
Answered: Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with three most possibilities to fit your case.these include

1.first possibility is OSTEOARTHRITIS;x-ray for knee joint may confirm the diagnosis.

2.second possibility is,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS;blood test for RA factor,CRP,ASO,and ESR may confirm the diagnosis.

3.third possibility is,GOUTY ARTHRITIS;blood test for uric acid levels may confirm the diagnosis.

treatment plan;

i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints

consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints. or mail me at

wishing you good health

Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Discuss this with arheumatologist, may be yur disease is progressing.

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor