Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

175 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am suffering from Constipation & weight loss

Dear Doctor, My diet is very low and i am suffering from Constipetion, weight loss and my fitness is very bad. Weakness is creating lots of problem. whatever i eat that is not affecting my health (i.e. my weight is not gain). Please suggest me what I do ? Thanks Regards, M. Zaki New Delhi, India 9911954315
Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Try eating 5-6 meals a day and take lot of protiens containing food. It should help. My brother too was having this problem. He consulted a doc who advised him a good diet and some exercises. it has helped him a lot. Hey you can try on this site itself, it should help. I heard its a great site.

  User's Response
Zaki's  Response

Yeh difetly this is very good site.......... can you tell me the medicine name regarding this.

Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Constipation treatment is usually very effective and the main cause is being dietary and lifestyle factors, simply making the required changes to these areas of your life can help prevent or even cure constipation.
Take half a lime, squeezed is a glass of hot water, with half a teaspoon of salt is also an effective remedy for constipation. Linseed (alse) is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation. A teaspoon of linseed swallowed with water before each meal provides both roughage and lubrication.
Drinking a glass of hot water is also known to stimulate bowel movements but this may not suffice in severe cases of constipation.
It is usually advised to include plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and wholegrain cereals in your diet you should also be cautioned against the intake of certain foods. While it is not necessary to go on a restrictive diet it is important that you moderate your intake of low fiber and high fat foods like red meats, cheese, and other processed or refined foods. Likewise you need to keep yourself well hydrated with a good intake of water and fresh fruit juices, while steering clear of unhealthy artificial drinks and juices or alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
To gain body weight and muscle mass in your body , you need to have a diet which is high in protein. Proteins are the building blocks in the body.Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken , red meats in your diet. Aviod junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol,saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich,boiled pulses like rajma, chole,paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana and can also use supplements of protein like ENSURE or RESOURCE HIGH PROTEIN which can be taken along with milk. Several protein milkshakes are available in the markets, best is soy flavoured milk which is very high in protein and low in fat.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Resp.Dr. Sb. My father in law aged about 72 years is suffering with some gastro disease, for last 2months he visit toilet every 3 days getting grossly of weight loss.He is also diabetic. Kindle suggest correct prescription or doctor in kanpur city on urgent basis. Best regrads A.MATIN

doctor1 MD

Hi doctors, appreciate for the valuable support. Its great. Well, my symptomps and problems are as follows - 1) Digestion issues since last 2 years to date. No proper passing of stool.i mean the stool is always less in amount sometimes watery at a times dry and small amount. Burning abdomens and intestines. Though I eat the right portion. My doctors prescribe me fibre and digestive enzmyes capsules. Am only good as long as i take the meds. After stopping meds same issues reoccur.Currently issues- 1-anal fissure for the last 6 or more months.2-Constipation.very difficult to pass stool. So again doctors prescribe fibre and laxative. Again am only good as long as i take the meds. After stopping meds same issues reoccur. 3- Weight loss After adviced by doctors. I drink lots of water. Fibre rich food. Vegs. Thing is since last 2 years suffering from these issues and still it exists. Totally living on meds. WHAT MAJOR CHECKUPS SHOULD I DO.? IS IT OK I KEEP ON TAKING MEDS? Looking forward for advices and support. Regards.

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from upset stomach, weight loss for about four months, series of tests with nothing now in past few days I have been constipated, used suppositories which usually works but now nothing but mucas comes out I also have stomach pain.

Recent questions on  Dietary fiber

doctor1 MD

Dear sir I am Rahul Agrawal

i am spinal cord injured

i need medicine to regulate my bowel

at prasent i am using 20ml lactitol and powder containing fiber

but from last 3 days i am facing problem

so plz advice me any med which can improve my bowel function

doctor1 MD

I recently had surgery for a hernia and have been very constipated the 3 following days. Today my stomach began to get bloated to the point of not being able to walk. I have been eating a lot of fiber trying to aid in a bowel movement but have not had much luck. Do I need to be eating more food overall? I have not been hungry lately because of stomach pains.. was wondering what else I could do to help get 'regular' again

doctor1 MD

my name is Jen and im 23. I was browsing online for answers about chronic constipation and i came across your website. i'm going to just tell you everything and if you can help i would greatly appreciate it. a close friend of mine, 21yrs of age, whom i've known for years now is suffering from chronic constipation. when i first met her she ate everything except meat, fish or anything that was alive to be into food. now she barely can eat due to pain and not being able to have a bowel movement. she was eatting fiber one cereal every night but a doctor told her that she needs to stop because an xray showed her small intestine was completely full. she hasnt been able to release any of it in MONTHS. shes dropping weight like crazy because shes afraid to eat. her stomach bloats up instantly even after consuming liquids. sometimes theres pelvic pain, feels like her stomach is going to explode, says it feels like a chainsaw inside and is always laying in bed due to the pain. she was just hospitalized and they are discharging her. they made her drink prune juice, milk of mag, had a bunch of enemas, xrays but they cant figure out why its not working. she released maybe a tiny bit of stool in 5 days under their supervision. i know your website says consultations arent free but we are out of money from trying to figure this all out. if you can just be so kind to help or anything that would be amazing. every doctor and gastro shes been to just turns her away and this is a serious problem. thank you!

doctor1 MD

Hi, I went on the hcg diet, and took the drops for 61 days. I developed constipation during the last half of that time and still have it, one month later, and it doesn't seem to help to eat lots of fiber. I don't feel bad, but could it be a need for more enzymes? I didn;'t have this problem before the diet, as long as I got enough fiber.

doctor1 MD

Hi, my Husband is 70, something is wrong, but all tests come back ok. He's been to several doctors. Symptoms: Weakness, tired, right arm shakes, right eyelid twitches, right eyelid low, speech deteriorating due to weakness. Muscular strength in...

doctor1 MD

I am 62years old male,for the past 6month i have affected by constipation . Now i am taking cremaffin syp.occationally not yet getting regular motion as in earlier stage.Hence i request that what medicin should i take regular for come out of this...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I have been having stomach cramps , two to three times semi solid motions, and Gas Issues. Around three months I had taken treatment at XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and Doctor had done many tests like LFT, Hepatitis B , C, Sonography etc. In...