Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Cardiac problem, Please advise me

I am 45 year female need advise through your section as a cardiologist told me that my heart is inoperable condition. I am suffering from Cardiac problem since last 20 years like pain in chest, dizziness , swelling in feet, breathing problem etc. then i visited a cardiologist and he performed echocardiogram , the results are following - 1. Large Ostium, Secundum ASD with severe PAH (ASD Defect 25mm) 2. Mindely Dilated RA RV 3. Good LV, Systolic function 4. LVEF =77% 5. Trival MR 6. Mild TR 7. Mild PR 8. Normal Pulmonary connection 9. No clot/vegetation Therefore I want to know that is there surgery is possible in this case or not. Please advise me.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Cardiologists do not operate if there is severe pulmonary hypertension. The blood pressure in the pulmonary blood vessels is called pulmonary hypertension.

Results without surgery and with surgery are the same. That means surgery is not useful.

Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Sun, 28 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor