Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from Alopecia, What shoud I do ?

I am suffering from a kind of alopecia. I am 24 years old single and doing a job. It started from one patch almost 8 months before. Initially its was of size 2 cm. It has grown to 2 inches. I had treated from skin specialist last month. He asked me for madication of one month. But now after 1 month medication I see starting multiple patches. What shoud I do?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jun 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  451
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Alopecia depends on many factors as age, sex, hereditary factors etc. It is common in males and is related to family history. I will recommend you to see a trichologist so that after seeing the patch and type of hair loss treatment can be decided.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
My last doctor was a Dermatologist. He asked me to return after 1 month medication, till then Patches may stop and he will decide for the recovery of hair. But new patches are appearing. If dermatologist is different from trichologist? Should I countinue with dermatologist?
Answered: Thu, 24 Jun 2010
  Anonymous's Response
trichologist is a dermatologist whos area of interest is in hair and its disorder. you can continue with your treatment with dermatologist. do not expect any results less than 6 continuous months, initially during the course of treatment there will be new new other symptoms of hair fall do develop. the dramatic and drastic change will be seen only after a period of 6 to 8 months usually. so keep ur cool and continue with the treatment inspite of no improvement of if there is worsening of your condition. improvement and or worsening bring it to the notice of ur treating dermatologist
Answered: Thu, 24 Jun 2010
  User's Response
Thank you for help. I will be continuing the treatment from this my previous dermatologist. Will see the treatment till 6 months...
Answered: Fri, 25 Jun 2010
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Hi. what you have is ALopecia Areata. If the patches are still growing or you are developing new patches then see a GOOD dermatologist urgently.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor