Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I am still positive for rubella infection after 11 months. Can an online doctor suggest a medication ?

i get married on jan 17 2010. i conceived on feb 2010. ii had typhoid in the first 15 days. i took taximo . after 1 month i checked torch infection. its became a positive. dr told that u have to terminate this one because of congenital diseaseand u wait just 6 months u get active immunity against rubella . so i aborted on apr 24, 2010. now 11 months completed last month i checked my rubella. its posive. can i take any medicine for this one. pls tell solution i m mentally disturbed a lot.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Rathna Palani!
welcome to antibodies indicate previous exposure to these infections and indicate immunity. IgM antibodies are more concerning in pregnancy because they indicates a recent infection. I want to emphasise that if IgG for Rubella was positive you will not get rubella and need not wait to conceive anymore.

Read more at:
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor