I am severely depressed and stressed to have a by-pass surgery

I am severely depressed and stressed about a by-pass surgery in a week. I am planning to skip and give-up.? I am severely depressed and stressed about a by-pass surgery in a week. I am planning to skip and give-up.?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
I agree 110% with Penny. It is a big surgery and you have every reason to be stressed, but please have it done! CABG is a routine surgery these days, and most people are worried until it's done, and then once you are over that hump, are so relieved just to have it over with. You will have a team of doctors and nurses following you along the entire journey. My Mom had TWO bypass surgeries, all before the age of 60 and she is doing great now. When she found out she had to have it done a second time, she was so upset, and wanted to call it quits right then. But after it was over, she recovered very quickly and was home in less than 4 days. Now she's walking 2 miles daily, and feels great. Please don't give up. You can do it!