• question-icon

I am pregnant and on medication for UTI. Blood and protein is still present in urine. Can this be due to pre eclampsia ?

hi i m seher.I m 30 years old and 24 weeks pregnant .I have completed UTI doc has given orelox 100mg levofloxacin 500mg for 15 days for 5 days and inj ceftriaxone 1.g all these twice daily i checked urine re and infection is now reduce whithen 3 days but problem is that blood and protein is present still.I AM afraid that is it sign of preecalsima.And can protein be stopped by these inj and medicines in urine.plz help me
Wed, 4 Jan 2012
hi
u r right present of protein in urine may indicate preeclamsia .
u must check ur blood pressure and other gynecological check up.
it may be due to infection
there are other medicine to stop protein in urine
leave it up to ur doctor .
better to consult gynecologist .
take rest and restrict ur movement