Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I am not good in expressing myself so i am scared. Do i need psychiatric help ?

there is a lot that i dont understand and need help. im 14 years old and theres a lot that i dont understand. and going through. and somehow cant handle. and so im not good at expressing myself and somehow scared of. and my family have noticed a change on my attitude tey say im more of a rebel and trouble maker. they say im not a good one no more. i dont really know how im not good. and i know i did change but i dont think im bad. i do want to tell them what is up with me but they never understand and so when i do we always argue. so i never tell them anything but its hurting now because when my sister gets mad at me she always calls me crazy and tells me really offensive words. they hurt. and i dont know what to do? how should i deal with this. family. boyfriend. friends. and also my own problems?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response

It is really sad that you are feeling so upset at waht you are going through.

The help that you can get, fortunately or unfortunately, depends on where you are living.

If you are in the developed world, there are many NGOs or other organisations like the samaritans, counsellors, help lines etc who can help you. The first line of call if you are in UK (and Europe I guess would be the same) would be your GP and they will be best placed to signpost you to the appropriate people/organisation. If you are in the USA, I guess it would be your local family physician.

If you are in the asian continent, then a confidant in your immediate or extended family would be the best person who can help out. TAKE CARE THAT THIS PERSON WHO YOU APPROACH SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO IS TRUSTED BY YOUR PARENTS/OTHER FAMLIY MEMBERS AS WELL.

in effect, I am telling you that you can be better helped by primary health care rather than a psychiatrist who is considered to be a tertiary care health professional.

Good Luck
Answered: Wed, 22 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor