Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am not able to walk due to fibrous dysplasia. How can it be cured ?

sir plz plz help me i m 17 yrs of age having a lot pain in my left hip portion and doctors recommended that i have features of fibrous displasia ,gone through a core biopsy from lytic lesions ...and i m not able to walk properly since 1 month however i hav been given medicines.. how can it be cured and what diet and precautions are to be taken???
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  288
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Fibrous dysplasia is a benign tumor of bone. The tumor can be completely excised if its localised to one portion. However it could lead to bony deformities, especially if in the hip or thigh bone. Your left hip cyst might eventually fracture, bend or remain as it is. Depending on the size of the lesion and amount of pain, a curettage and fixation with plate or rod would be the best treatment. If the disease is extensive, Bisphosphonates(Drugs) would be effective.
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor