I am newly diabetic and I dont drink soda. What can I drink besides water ?

I am newly diabetic and I don't drink soda. What can I drink besides water?
I have been told that fruit juice like orange and apple juice is not an option because of its effects on my sugar. I have found that diet soda has a really bad after effect on me so I steer clear of that as well. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Sat, 23 Apr 2011
Most of the fruit juices do contain, good amount of sugar. Yes you can try vegetable juices and sugarless drinks.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Hi... Most of the fruit juices and artificial drinks contain sugar in them... So the option that are available to you are sugar less milk, coffee and tea...  You can add sugar free for taste instead...  You can also try vegetable juices like carrot juice alternative to the previous drinks...