Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

I am loosing my hair above the forehead, plz help me

hi doctor ,I am surya. I am at the age of 22 and started loosing my hair above the forehead...(mean where we take partitions) plz help me,,,
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  294
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi surya, do u have any family history of hair loss? what have u been using? are u on any medication? u may have what is called as male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. it is treatable.
Answered: Mon, 17 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi doctor,
yes i agree that its heredity. My baldness is not shown very much..But i cud identify the gaps....wats the remedy.....and i use almond mixed with olive oil for my hair....and i use matrix BIOLACE shampoo....

Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Resham J. Vasani (Bhojani)'s  Response
u need to be seen as to what amount of hair loss u have and grade it. u need to start minoxidil solution 5% , 1 ml to be applied twice a day.u ll have to use it as drops to be applied overthe balding area. the effects will take some time to be seen, that is approximately 4 months, but u need to use it continuously.there are other medications that also need to be started but cant be started until certain blood investigations are done.

Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor