Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I am hbsag positive with out any treatment for 3 months

i am 34 years old and i am test positive for three month without treatment what to do
Asked On : Sun, 21 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You should get other tests done like Anti-HbsAg, Anti-HbcAg whether IgM or IgG, liver enzymes like SGPT, SGOT, Prothrombin time. All this will decide current state of your liver and also help in deciding treatment. Acute infection may not require any treatment and may subside on its own but if patient is immunocompromised by Diabetes, HIV etc. the may require treatment. Chronic Hepatitis B is when 6 months has elapsed with the infection which needs antiviral and interferon therapy. Consult your Hepatologist or Gastroenterologist for proper investigations and treatment to prevent chronic state which can increase chance of spreading to sexual partners and increased risk of liver cancer in future. Eat fat free diet. Eat more protein rich diet and plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Exercise daily to keep fit.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor