Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I am having urge incontinence, any medicines available to treat this ?

I am having urge incontinence.. Any medicines available to treat this??? I am a 30 year male, having urge incontinence since 5 years. The symptoms have been on and off.. please suggest me if there are any medicine available to treat this?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  8 Views:  665
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi syam.. welcome to HCM..
Urinary urgency is the common symptom encountered in urinary tract infections, which is common in sexually active patients or who dont drink enough water.. There might be other reasons like kidney stones, neurological problems etc..
This condition is absolutely treatable.. No need to panic.. Get ur basic investigations like Urine routine, microscopy and urine culture & sensitivity.. This rules out urinary tract infection..
Drink plenty of water(2-3L/day)..
Get back to us later with ur report..
Answered: Fri, 6 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response

Along with this therapy are the medical drugs given. Medical drugs like anticholinergic drugs, antispasmodic drugs, tricyclic antidepressant drugs are tried. However these medications have to be supported by a proper physio and behavioral modifications for better results.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
Homeopath Dr. Sasi kala's  Response
welcome to health care magic,
urge incontinence can treated in homeopathy.depending upon the symptoms constitutional medicine is selected and treatment given to you.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi.. Firstly the cause for the urge incontinence has to be confirmed. If a cause can be found the treatment depends on the cause.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

The cause could be an infection, stones, tumour, Benign prostrate hypertrophy or neurological. The treatment is according to the cause.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

Most often the cause is not known. In this case the best form of treatment is through proper physiotherapy and behavior modifications.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

If all the therapy has failed then the treatment is surgical.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Meet a urologist, you need bladder training and medications. only medications will not help you out.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor