Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I am having some allergy on skin. How should i avoid ?

there is a certain period of time in day when i scrach my hand,neck or facial skin i could find after few seconds my skin getting swollen and redish in colour, as if somebody beaten with hunter and it remains till few mins and thens vanishes, showed to one doctor he said itz just an allergy as he took my blood test but the reports were clear he said u must take allegery tablets, other said to do stole test but i dint went for it. is it allergy only? shall go for stole test? how should i avoid. cauz it happens everytime, even i have avoided certain food items like ambadae ki baji, and excess eating of fish,etc.
Tue, 19 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Yes ,its a kind of allergy called "urticaria" .And when you scratch and get red raised lesion that is called "symptomatic dermographism".Along with allergy it can be triggered by any infection in the body like infestation of worms in the stomach,bacterial infection in teeth or any fungal infection on body.Even food items which you are allergic to can cause such kind of lesions.Stool examination is to see if you have any worms in the stool. In such cases better is to de-worm the patient by giving him albendazole tablets.Along with this you would also require a long course of anti allergic medicines ,since it is difficult to find the exact cause of allergy.You should also rule any tooth decay and thyroid problem.It is at times associated with thyroid disease. Couple ways to find out the allergen is - PRICK TEST & secondly immunological testing where in all food items are tested .
So,consult your dermatologist with this back ground .I hope this would help you to understand your disease better.

I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thnks doctor, i am not sure but this tablet i had taken one day only (prescribed by 2nd doctor) , it was orange colour fat one,on asking he told it will clear everything from stomach, i had it. After that he told me to take CETZINE if i find that allergy happening again on my body. Sure i will consult doctor, mean while can you tell me what precautions shall i take.
  User's Response
till now i have cetzine wid me, small tiny tablet, is it beneficial to be taken at time when i find redness, is it helpful,kindly reply thnks
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

yes, cetrizine is helpful and it should be taken for long. You need to combine some more medicines with cetrizine ,so consult a dermatologist for the same.Avoidance of food depends upon what you feel you are allergic to..usual food items which people are allergic to are - brinjal,fish,curd,beans,drum stick etc.

I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thanks a lot doctor !
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor