Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

I am having severe hair loss and there are spaces on my head

hi , I am having severe hair loss i am a 19 years old male . i had a history when i was 8-9 years old my hair started falling from head , and there were spaces on my head , and it finally got cured after i used a herbal medicine for that. later as i grew up i had less hair on my arms and legs , and now this has started again , hair on my head is falling and i can see small spaces from different places on my head. i have less hair on my legs and arms as well.. pls tell me what is this and cure . awaitng ur reply
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hair loss is a normal part of the hair growth cycle. In fact, we typically lose 50 to 150 scalp hairs every day. Baldness (alopecia) results when hair loss occurs at an abnormally high rate; when hair replacement occurs at an abnormally slow rate; or when normal hairs are replaced by thinner, shorter ones.

Although there are many reasons for hair loss, 95 percent of all cases are due to Androgenetic Alopecia, which is more commonly known as Male or Female Pattern Hair Loss, This genetic condition occurs more frequently in males
First try this...
1. Include plenty of protein and iron in your diet
2. Take mineral supplements like calcium, magnesium, and zinc
3. Do not use hair dryers
4. Do meditation to reduce stress and tension
5. Don?t pull on your hair with a brush or comb when it is wet
6. Do not use hair dyes (synthetic hair colors)
7. Eat green and leafy vegetables

Today, there are more ways to treat hair loss than ever before. Oral medications, topical creams, injections of corticosteroids, hair transplants, scalp reductions, skin flaps and behavior modifications are all successful methods to treating common forms of hair loss.

First try some home remedies and Still your problem persists consult an trichologist....
Answered: Sun, 27 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Resham J. Vasani (Bhojani)'s  Response
u seem to have what is known as alopecia areata. u need to post ur pics for a definite diagnosis on
only after the diagnosis can a treatment be suggested

Answered: Sun, 27 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor