Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I am having problem in moving and walking due to pain in my ankle since last 2 years

I am having pain in my ancle(foot) since for last 2 years. I am having problem in moving and walking. Please kindly provide me your suggestion . THANKS
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello Rohit,

Before we proceed with what to do, we should know why the pain is there.

So, think if this pain orignated after some injury or fall or twist. If so get an x-ray before seeking treatment to rule out any unnoticed bony injury.

If not then go to an Orthopaedic Physiotherapist for detailed evaluation of which ligament or muscle is damaged and start physiotherapy including Various modalities as Parrafin Wax Bath, Ultrasound, Laser, etc. as desided by the Physio and exercise therapy for strengthening of your ankle (very imp. as ankle sprain patients normally dont do the exercises and land into frequent repeated sprains on the same injury site.) By injury here I mean not only a big bruise which is visible. An injury is also stated as an internal injury whic may not be seen by naked eyes.

At home start Hot water saline fomentation and the use of an Ankle Binder for support while walking.

Don't prolong the treatment further before it becomes permanent, as 2 yrs is already a long time you have waited.

Hoping for early recovery

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Rohit
pain in ankle can be from various reasons.It can be direct injury or indirect injury or arthritic changes in Ayurveda we regard it as vat rakt , crepe bandage, local application of myostaal gel and internally triodashang guggul help a lot.
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor